RE: DB Processes which can be Killed ?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:19:40 -0400

 No, you cannot just go by an INACTIVE value of the status column in
v$session.  If the front-end connection is an application like Oracle
Forms that connects and stays connected by the user spends much of their
time working on the front-end filling in data and moving between fields
then the status will show INACTIVE while these events are taking place.
You need to also look at how long since the session has submitted a
request: last_call_et.

See the Oracle version# Reference manual entry for v$session.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --