RE: DB Links

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Goulet, Dick'" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>, thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:57:07 -0400

This depends on the version of the database on the driving site.
If your driving site runs 8i, ALL of the data will be brought back
and filtered locally. In 9i, the behavior is that single table
access predicates that can be resolved remotely, are resolved
remotely. Oracle 10g uses gridlock method for remote execution.
Just kidding, haven't actually tried with 10.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network