Re: "DB Link are Inherently Slow" -- True or False?

  • From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:42:39 +0100

DB Links can be slow -or slow down processing - and for two reasons -
1. Network is Slow
2. Code

Some code is slowed down badly by using a DB Link. I'm not sure why by some
apps really suffer
while others don't I think it's to with what is is happening in which
database.

On the OTHER HAND COPY over a DBLINK can be VERY VERY FAST! and therefore
one of the best ways for bulk transfer of data.

--
Howard A. Latham