Re: DB CPU is much lower than CPU Time Reported by TOP SQL consumers

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:16:24 -0000

One of my points was that you cannot trust the module information to be
correct; unless you KNOW that each statement in the top SQL can only be
called from EXACTLY one module, you may be misinterpreting the stats. Bear
in mind that if SQL calls PL/SQL which calls SQL, you won't see the pl/sql
in the statspack report, so the fact that you can only see one pl/sql
package call doesn't mean that's the only one causing a problem.

Given my comment about upper case and naming conventions in bind variables
I would also like to have seen some comment from you to the effect that you
could ignore the double-counting because all the other SQL statements
failed to match the pl/sql requirements.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)