From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yavor Ivanov
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:23 AM
To: Oracle Mailing List; oracle.tutorials@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DATAFILE??

        I guess you are trying to do some load-balansinag and the 5
datafiles are on diferent storage groups? Because I cannot think of
another case when datafile matters.
        So I *think* is is possible to track down the datafile by rowid,
but is is quite hard work. But even if you find out where do you insert,
you do not have _any_ control over this. And since it is only for
looking purposes, you may use v$filestat.

        Rgds,
        Yavor