Re: DATAFILE??

On 20/10/05, Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I give myself time to study concepts manual of every major version of the
> database.
> I am still reading books in large quantities.

In that case you're incredibly lucky to have such an understanding
manager who will let you take to the time to read up on the subject.

In my current job (and all of my previous one's for that matter) it
typically goes that my manager walks up to me (distracting me from
what I'm working on at the time) or sends me an email and tells me
that he needs me to implement X (where X could be some Oracle feature
such as RMAN or Partitioning or it couldbe some third party piece of
software or hardware), by 3pm because that's when he's promised the
Chief Exec it would be implemented by.  The odds are that if I have
any knowledge of X it only from some high level article or a stray
mention on a course.  Yes I do read up from the references I have and
will search technet.oracle.com and other sites[1], but I might also
post a question here and/or on Experts Exchange in the hope that
someone can point me to the correct reference so save me some time
following false leads.

Yu might think that i could reasearch in my own time outside of work.
To be honest, after I've worked 15 of the 7.3 hiurs I'm supposed to
work each day my priorities are food, sleep and sex (not necessarily
in that order).

Stephen

[1] I tend to add any sites i find that look usefuk tot hew Links
section of the mailing list I moderate on Yahoo Groups[2],
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oracle4everyone/links

[2] If you want a list with no RTFM questions then subscribe to that
one, it only ever seems to get jobs ads[3], most of which I don't let
through due to TOS issues.

[3] I sometimes feel like responding JAFA (Join A Fricking Agency), I
don't like job ads on techie mailing lists.