Re: Cross-platform (different endianness) Migration Experiences

  • From: dd yakkali <dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:30:30 -0400

Chris,

You can do some optimization on streams side like parallelizing apply
process and tuning network parameters and upping the pool size but i do not
know what will be the latency for 40-50 GB per hour of redo especially on a
1 Gbit link.

Did you guys consider storage replication technologies over WAN? I really do
not know their latency, but i want to see others comment on this. You have
some interesting conundrum here given the link speed.

Thanks
Deen