Re: Cross-platform database move

Unfortunately there are rougly 1000 tables (in multiple schemas).

Do you know if I can use exp from HP-UX and imp from Sun? (or must I do both using the same OS)?

Thanks.

From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cross-platform database move
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:39:15 -0700

On 8/16/05, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe exp/imp is your only option for 9.2, but if you upgrade both to
> 10g, and then you can use cross-platform transportable tablespaces.

Dependent on the table structure, you could also use a utility to
dump to flat files and load with sql loader.

The advantage is the speed of sqlldr over imp.

Whether exp/imp or sqlldr, you should be able to dump the data to a
socket and read it simultaneously on the target system, with no need
to create permanent files. (This is one thing you cannot do on Win32)

--
Jared Still