Re: Cross-platform database move

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:39:15 -0700

On 8/16/05, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe exp/imp is your only option for 9.2, but if you upgrade both to
> 10g, and then you can use cross-platform transportable tablespaces.
Dependent on the table structure, you could also use a utility to
dump to flat files and load with sql loader.

The advantage is the speed of sqlldr over imp.

Whether exp/imp or sqlldr, you should be able to dump the data to a
socket and read it simultaneously on the target system, with no need
to create permanent files. (This is one thing you cannot do on Win32)

Jared Still