RE: Cross-Platform migration (10g)

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael Fontana" <michael.fontana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:16:13 -0500

Michael,

        Not sure, but form past experience moving from 32 to 64 bit all
you needed to do was run catproc thereafter to recompile everything
properly.  But, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe rman can
only migrate database files across systems with the same endianesses.
Namely big to big and small to small.  I believe there's a
package/procedure in the database that tells you if the move is
supported.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International