Re: Crontab - HA

  • From: "Gene Sais" <Gsais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Vajrala.Madhusudana@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:02:20 -0400

You need to copy the crontab when you fail-over, just add it to your fail-over
scripts.
>>> "Madhu R. Vajrala" <Vajrala.Madhusudana@xxxxxxxx> 06/14/05 9:55 AM >>>
Hi All,

We recently implemented V.C.S. The only problem we had so far is with
the "CRONTAB". Whenever the database(service group) fail-over to the
other server in cluster, I will have to manually comment the entries in
the crontab file in the primary server. I would like this to be taken
care of automatically w/o DBA intervention. probably you might have hit
the similar situation in the past, please advise from your experiences
on how to handle.

Thank You,
Madhu