Re: Creating a controlfile - language needed?

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:22:21 -0500

Dick,

> I beg your pardon.  The following is from my alert log and is was a
> "shutdown immediate":

Jolly nice of you to do that for our discussion. Did your users mind?

I think we should report the web page author to the Web Accuracy
Police (WAP). I think the main point is that there are lots of web
pages that show this simple technique for moving databases. A novice
DBA should carefully examine several web pages, and understand the
points of each. A list like Oracle-L can clarify any lingering
uncertainties. And TEST first.

Dennis Williams