Re: Creating Histograms

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:18:34 +0100

It's an quirky little paradox that big tables
are usually fine with a small sample, but
small tables need the best possible stats.

An error of 'a couple of rows' in a small
table is, after all, likely to be a significant
percentage error.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated July 20th