Corrupt rollback segment

  • From: Gus Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:59:21 -0500

Solaris 10
Oracle 10.2.0.2

The database' SAN suffered a mild catastrophe very early this morning.
After the storage managers, sysadmins, and network types finally restored
service, we found that the database would not open

Review of the alert log highlights an ORA-600, [4194],[4],[7],[],[] ..
Google search and MOS tell me that 4194 indicates that the redo block and
undo block do not match.  In this case, the undo is at block 4 and the redo
is at block 7.

Further examination of alert log and trc files indicate my file# 7, block
1777 is corrupt.

We have tried simple recovery, data file recovery, building a new UNDO
tablespace, but we still have an active rollback segment with a corrupt
block.

A Severity One SR has been opened with Oracle Support, and been elevated.

We're still waiting for an update.

has anybody any useful suggestions?

v/r,

Gus