Re: Copying ORACLE_HOME?

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:22:54 -0700

 On Aug 4, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Powell, Mark D wrote:

But the name of the home directory and all other locations better be the
same or the Oracle inventory file is going to be out of sync. If
nothing else that will create problems going forward.

Another thing is that the oracle user on both systems must have the same user id. Not sure if this is also required for the group. I've had no problems at all with copying ORACLE_HOME around under 8i, as long as I have kept all the names and ids the same. If the users have different ids, you will end up with seemingly inexplicable permission problems.

janine