RE: Copying Large Amounts of Data From Prod to Dev

  • From: "Richard J. Goulet" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:24:12 -0400

Pete,

        At a previous job we used the BCV method to move a copy of our
production system to the reporting system every night.  Started at
midnight finished half an hour later routinely.  Somewhere between 500
and 800 GB.  Was scripted and ran lights out every night like clockwork.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience