RE: Copying Large Amounts of Data From Prod to Dev

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:00:38 -0400

And actually, as I think about it, if you're just looking to move data
from one place to another, the symclone stuff might be a bit of overkill
for it - if you just want to move a chunk of data from one place to
another, you could use a timefinder snapshot, which would reduce your
disk usage, or if its done infrequently, you could  use a standard BCV,
which provides better performance than the symclone piece.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito