Re: Copy Files From ASM to Traditional Storage

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:09:13 -0500

Well, if ASM were not in the picture he could do alter database begin backup
and then do the copy, as long as he remembers to copy the archive logs along
with it.  However, that wont work with ASM.  I havent really followed this
conversation much, is there some reason he cant do a backup as copy, then
backup the controlfile to trace and edit it?

--
Andrew W. Kerber