Re: Converting WE8ISO8859P1 TO UTF8

  • From: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: agodambe@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:02:29 -0600

Actually, I would expect the command should read *TOCHAR=UTF8* ...

I presume the goal of this check is to see whether the data can be converted
cleanly to UTF8 with the *assumption* that the original characterset had
been WE8MSWIN1512.

But then, the note is provided by Oracle Support.  Why don't you ask *them*?

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead