Control File Sequential Read Waits

  • From: "Orysia Husak" <Orysia.Husak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:46:59 -0700

After we upgraded one of our databases from  10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2,  our
rman backup took 4 to 5 times longer. We began seeing that 65% of the
time was being spent in control file sequential reads. We have googled,
did metalink searches, and submitted an SR, but haven't been able to
determine what is causing the control file sequential read waits.

Our server is redhat  2.69. Our database is on ASM,  RAC, and our
backups are written to the flash recovery area which is also on ASM.

Any ideas what might be causing these waits?

Thanking you in advance!

Orysia

Orysia Husak

Sr. Oracle DBA - Classroom Applications Hosting

University of Phoenix/ Apollo Group, Inc.

Office: 602-546-6934

Mobile: 602-377-8586

orysia.husak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx