Re: Constraint violation in spite of trigger with sequence

  • From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 11:29:25 -0600

The only ways I know of to avoid a trigger is:

1.  Disable it.
2.  Use SQL*Loader in direct mode, which will write blocks directly,
bypassing triggers.

It could be that there are multiple before-insert triggers on the
table, or an instead-of trigger of a view that shoots data into the
table in question; in 9i, I know trigger invocation order is
indeterminate, so some other trigger could be superseding the one
listed.

--
Adam Musch
ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx