Re: Considerations to choose SUN server for Oracle

Przemek,

the bug is somewhat hidden,
I hope this link will work for others than my MOS account too:
https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secure/ml3/sr/ViewDefectDetail.jspx?id=9714309&bugProductSource=

I agree, I will find BUGs on any platform. My concerns are not the T platform as it is. I'm facing the problem in the architecture of Oracles CSS stack (implemented with 'threads'), the multiple 'threads' in T... CPUs, and the way Solaris-scheduler handles these. As the Issue is not solved by any of Oracle departements, I'm just guessing at the moment. As the escalated Prio1 SR is open for more than 4 months now, it doesn't seem to be easy to find (and yes, I have a reproduceable testcase, a dedicated sandbox, direct access for support if needed, ...) I even doesn't know how deep are Oracles test for RDBMS on T2 CPUs, but I'm afraid there where not too much tests.

best regards
 Martin

Am 30.08.2010 um 09:54 schrieb przemolicc@xxxxxxxxx:

1. I can't find this bug (Sunsolve/bugs.opensolrais.org). Any link ?
2. You can find bugs on every platform - including Nehalem, Power7, Sparc VII, Itanium etc. 3. I would not paint T2000 and T5240/T5440 with the same brush - their name starts
  with "T" ;-) but they are quite different.

Regards
Przemek