Re: Configure SDU and TDU parameters to improve Performance

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a RAC system of 3 nodes with 7 webservers
> (clients).  I would like to configure SDU/TDU
> parameters at client level to improve the
> performance.
>
> Reference:
> Note:69591.1 "SQL*Net Performance Tuning in
> Applications"
> Note:44694.1 "SQL*Net Packet Sizes (SDU & TDU
> Parameters)"
>

> Any recommendations??????

Yes, to always include Oracle Database Server version
and Operating system info.

I'll assume that this is 9i R2, as you say that its
RAC.

Dynamic registration does not allow for SDU/TDU to be
set in 9.2.0.4 in win32, so if you want to set that
for the listener, you'll have to use static
registration. That may be a real pain for RAC.

I haven't tested it yet in 9.2.0.5 in win32, will try
to do so today.

I haven't messed with SDU/TDU on lin32 yet.

Pd