RE: Configure IIS connection?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mark.powell2@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:06:04 -0700 (PDT)

Mark is right on this one.  I went through the same thing and even had to
install the ORAOLEDB.ORACLE driver with the 11g client from OTN, then
carefully move the installation from the default 32bit to 64bit Program files
directory to get Sql Server to see it to use for a bridge to an Oracle database.
It's a known issue, as the driver isn't registered in the default directories
that were commonly used before Server 2008..

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen