RE: Configure IIS connection?

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:49:59 +0000

I am nor sure but I am guessing that IIS wants the Oracle OLE drivers and on
the last 9i cleint installation I did OLE is not installed as part of the
default runtime.  You have to go back and do a custom install and check the
Windows components to get the Oracle OLE driver.  With the 11g client I
installed to use with SQL Server 2008 R2 I also had to do a non-default install
to get the OLE pieces.