Configuration Mgr Spam

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:01:33 -0700

Did anyone else get spammed by Oracle Configuration Mgr recently?
I received about 50 of this email in the course of a couple minutes:

  *
Dear Oracle Configuration Manager User, *

Your Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) installation has not been configured
to enable the full functionality available in My Oracle Support: *click here
* <http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/E14819_01.pdf> for instructions on
how to re-register this configuration to allow you to take advantage of it
from My Oracle Support or MetaLink 3.

  *Product*
 *OCM Installation Date*
 *OCM Installation Method*
 Oracle Database 11g
 2008-11-25 13:37:11
 Installed with Oracle product

Once you update your registration details, you will be able to receive
security bulletins specific to your registered configurations. Additionally,
you can get proactive notifications of Oracle healthchecks and product
alerts, and streamline the creation and management of service requests. View
a demo
here<http://www.oracle.com/pls/ebn/swf_viewer.load?p_shows_id=7587049&p_referred=0&p_width=800&p_height=600>.

Complimentary online training occurs regularly. See note
418277.1<https://metalink.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html#tab=KBHome(page=KBHome&id=()),(page=KBNavigator&id=(bmDocType=ARTICLE&bmDocDsrc=KB&bmDocTitle=418277.1&from=BOOKMARK&bmDocID=418277.1&viewingMode=1143))>for
details.

Sincerely,
*Oracle Global Customer Support*

*
*

*
*
It was a bit annoying scrolling through these on my Blackberry.

Jared Still