RE: Concurrent I/O (AIX 5.2)

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stuart.clowes@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:14:49 -0700

I don't know of a metric regarding the large memory pages.  I just did
it based on the published recommendations of both Oracle and IBM, and
the reasoning they provide, e.g. - see the following:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b15658/tuni
ng.htm

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/peducation/wp/9a46/9a46.pdf

http://www.sioug.si/sioug2005/datoteka.jsp?filename=Tomaz%20Vincek%20-%2
0Oracle%2010g%20Performance%20Tuning%20v%20UNIX%20okolju.pdf

Regards,
Brandon