Re: Conceptually cloning an oracle home

  • From: "S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:22:41 +0100

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 09:07 -0400, Bob wrote:
> Sounds good, Ill try that today on my home Linux environment and see
> what happens. I searched previously for cloning on metalink and all

The Metalink search engine leaves a lot to be desired.

>  the docs came back for information 10.2 or greater. If this works
> smoothly, it could be very good.

It went very well for me.  No problems I can recall.  And I had a
limited time to clone the home, and patch 2 servers.

> Thanks

You're welcome.
S. Anthony Sequeira
The individual choice of garnishment of a burger can be an important
point to the consumer in this day when individualism is an increasingly
important thing to people.
                -- Donald N. Smith, president of Burger King