RE: Compuware Vantage Products

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jeff.Wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:49:13 -0400

We just installed AppVantage at our site a couple months ago and I went =
through the 3 day training for kicks.  It seems like a pretty useful =
product.  You install agents throughout your server chain. The product =
provides you with a management console that allows you to time =
transactions end-to-end throughout the system.  You will know exactly =
where the time is being spent per transaction.  We have remote sites =
that have a lot of lag time loading our pages and we plan on sending =
somebody out there with a laptop to end the fingerpointing once and for =
all.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health