RE: Compressing Rman Disk Backups

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:00:24 -0500

Stephen,

thanks for the reply.  But doesn't using pipes require that I know the name
of the output "device" that Rman is using?  At least the name of the logical
device?

I'll try piping the result to something - but I get the feeling that Rman
doesn't give us the opportunity to pipe the results anyplace.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional