Re: Completely insane execution plan with but not with

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:36:36 +1000

Thomas, I was getting a very similar problem with a vanilla install on
Aix7.1.  Then I installed the May 2012 PSU and the problem went away. There are
quite a few optimizer-related patches in that PSU.

One thing though: the MayPSU includes the Jan012 CPU which created a problem
transportable tablespaces.  That is fixed by applying another patch on top of
the May PSU. MOS has the number and I can get it to you if interested.

Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia