Re: Compare Schemas

  • From: Thomas Day <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:37:26 -0500

I used to use TOAD for the purpose of keeping 22 databases (dev, test,
training, datamart, and production) in synch.  It was good enough
except for the question of grants and privileges.  TOAD just couldn't
seem to sort it out.  Since we had 100+ roles and all of the
applications were role driven I wrote a tool to do what you seem to be
doing --- capture all the grants and privileges and be able to compare
them from one database to another.  Very helpful (it also had the
effect of shoing missing objects since those grants would be missing).

TOAD is very useful --- I just don't trust its output all the time.