Re: Column level streams replication

  • From: Ian Cary <ian.cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:15:25 +0100

You should be able to use DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.DELETE_COLUMN to remove columns
you don't want to replicate and DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.ADD_SUBSET_RULES to limit
the values copied.

Cheers,

Ian

|         |           anuragdba@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           m                 |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org       |
|         |           31/03/2009 20:32  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           anuragdba         |

  |       To:       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  Column level streams replication

Hi all,

Can we setup column level replication in Oracle streams?

Source and target databases are in 10.2.0.3 on HP-UX servers.

And can we set up “where” clause on the column levels, in other words, can
we setup column level replication on certain columns of a table and that
also matches certain conditions?

Thanks,
--

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at
http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not
necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with
MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this
email was certified virus free.