RE: Column Access

  • From: "Vlado Barun" <vlado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L Freelists'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:30:33 -0500

At least two options:
1) You could create a view for the mechanics which only returns the data
that they are allowed to access. Grant them access to that view, and revoke
access to the table.

2) Check out Oracle fine-grained access control. Haven't used it, but from
what I understand it should do what you need...

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Mobile: 865 335 7652
AIM: vbarun2