RE: Clusterware 11.2.0.2 - identifying devices

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>, <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:12:29 -0000

Good morning,

Just curious - are you not using a multipathing software? I'd be surprised
if not... In that case you should not use the raw/physical devices in
/dev/rdsk, but rather the pseudo-device the multipathing software creates
for you. These you can tame a lot more  easily, and partition them to your
liking. For Solaris and EMC PowerPath for example (which I use a lot), you
could create slice 4 (with proper alignment with the array) spanning pretty
much all the disk, and assign this to ASM with a wildcard.

HTH,

Martin Bach
----
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com