If you want a single file served by multiple scalable NAS heads without
replication overhead, you have to use the EFS.CG. It is the
only product out there that does it.
I found the HP gateway with Google pretty quickly:
- On 12/29/05, Kevin Closson < kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- what does "NFS of CFS" mean? Exporting a CFS? Yeah, that's
- being done. It's called the StorageWorks Enterprise File Server Clustered Gateway
- by HP. Up to 16 nodes of scalable NFS with transparent NFS client failover in the
- event a NAS head should fail. And when I say transparent, I mean it. Oracle
- CRS, and database processes have no idea that the NAS head serviing up their
- files has died. Not exactly the typical filer experience. Yeah, I know you can "cluster"
- and replicate filers. The HP EFS/CG requires no replication for this high availability/
- scalability. Want to know how I know ?