Re: Cloning database structure

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:46:33 +0100

I see others have gone down some helpful routes, but I wonder if all your
tables have really been defined with sufficiently huge initial extent sizes
such that you have 850gb of data in only a relatively few numbers of extents
per segment, or if in fact the export has been taken with the default option
of COMPRESS=Y which has nothing to do with compressing data and everything
to do with generating huge extent sizes. Worth a check to see and if an
approach of rows=n compress=n would allow you to precreate your structure
perfectly well.

Just a thought

Niall

On 10/14/06, Prabhu, Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

Our dataware house development database has been corrupted and we are in
the
process of creating a one with the same structure and not data due to the
space constratint. Our old database size is 850 gig and we have space for
new one is only 400 gig.  We thought of importing less data later.   Now
our
full import is getting failed due to the space issue, the objects are
defined with large storage clauses and the tablespaces are created on new
one with less space hence the import is getting failed.

Is there any way to import the object with the default storage clause or
any
other methed we can do for this.  We can't clone db due to the space
issue.

your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you, Prabhu

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l