Re: Cloning Oracle Home - 10gR2 different Windows O/S

2008/10/24 S. Anthony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Time is short, because downtime has been scheduled soon for the
> production server, so we can copy the Oracle Home off.  Won't hurt
> trying anyway, I guess.

When I was young ( 7.3.4 ) I usually cloned oracle installations ( client
and server ) creating the same users/groups in the target hosts, giving them
the same privileges. Recreated the same directory structure ( zip or network
folder between machines ) copied the binaries ( no application running ) and
after that extracted the oracle tree of the windows registry and imported
into the target host

Of course, a lot of time ago. From 9i I usually work with unix servers and
my desktop is only linux, don't know how windows as evolved this years

Regards

D.