Client failover with 10g DG

  • From: Ram Raman <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:02:48 -0600

Listers,

I am doing some research on setting up v10.2 DG for couple of our databases.
They both will be single instance DBs. We are looking into the new client
connections automatically going to the standby in case of failover and the
configuration of client tns. I am looking into creating services based on
this <http://prutser.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/client_connectivity.pdf>paper.
It seems to

What do other listers do to automate client failover in case of primary
instance failure. Is using triggers with services a reliable way of failing
over to standby (the new primary) ? Any surprises there?

Thanks.