RE: Choose database vesrion

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:50:06 -0400

My rule of thumb is to use the most current *stable* version available (often
not the newest).
I would have never used 9.0.x nor 10.0.x for a mission critical system.

I think (have seen) all the points made below could also be made about a new
un-proven version of Oracle.

Having said all that I would agree, choosing any version only to change it
(upgrade) only months later is a waste of time.

9i has a lot of life left and is well known, well supported, and well
documented (outside of Oracle Corp.)

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA