Choose database vesrion

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:06:09 +0200

Hello all

I need some advice on Oracle version to implement on a new system.
We are going with PeopleSoft CRM software and I need to recommend the database version.
This will be heavy duty system that, according to the vendor, will need a cluster of 4 computers, with 4 cpus and 8GB of memory each in two years time.
The test system needs to build yesterday and the system goes live in 2-3 months.

The system will be on Linux RH ES 3.0.

The Oracle versions are RAC 9.2.0.6 or RAC 10.1.0.4.

We are currently on 9.2.0.6 across the board and I do not know 10g.

What would you recommend? Is 10g ready for prime time RAC configuration, or should I use 9.2.0.6?

TIA

--
Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel