Re: Checkpoint not complete error

  • From: Saad Khan <saad4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:13:55 -0400

Thanks Jared, Vamshi, Sarah, Mark, Jonathan and Ivan for your valuable
input.

I've set the following parameters to get a control over abrupt logswitching
and havent heard any cry from the users yet. The room for performance
improvement is still there though:

LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL = 10000
LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT = 1800
LOG_CHECKPOINTS_TO_ALERT= TRUE
ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET= 1800

And here is the extract of alert logfile after these changes reflecting the
logswitch occuring in exactly 30 min:

*Mon Apr 27 13:06:52 2009
Beginning log switch checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a8.2.10], SCN: 30981657
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 50600
  Current log# 5 seq# 50600 mem# 0:
/dblogs/oracle/CLDQA1/redo/logCLDQA105.ora
Mon Apr 27 13:11:32 2009
Completed checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a8.2.10], SCN: 30981657
Mon Apr 27 13:14:25 2009
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a8.419.0], current log tail at RBA
[0xc5a8.419.0]
Mon Apr 27 13:36:51 2009
Beginning log switch checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a9.2.10], SCN: 30985876
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 50601
  Current log# 6 seq# 50601 mem# 0:
/dblogs/oracle/CLDQA1/redo/logCLDQA106.ora
Mon Apr 27 13:41:54 2009
Completed checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a9.2.10], SCN: 30985876
Mon Apr 27 13:44:28 2009
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5a9.935.0], current log tail at RBA
[0xc5a9.c9e.0]
Mon Apr 27 14:06:52 2009
Beginning log switch checkpoint up to RBA [0xc5aa.2.10], SCN: 30988484*

Any suggestions to further improve the performance are appreciated.