RE: Changing the spfile on 9.2.0.3

  • From: "Leonard, George" <GLeonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:07:29 +0200

Hi

You can create a spfile even if it already exist, the problem is the
database is probably started using that file at the moment so the file
is locked.

To re-create over the same file the database needs to be shut down,
otherwise to make changes use the alter system command.

George
=20________________________________________________
George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank
E-mail:gleonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a
Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity!
Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk,
Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!
=20