Re: Changing service auto to manual via batch

  • From: jherrick@xxxxxxx
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:22:32 -0400

The following VBScript will do it

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
  & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colServiceList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
  ("Select * from Win32_Service where displayname = 'OracleServiceORCL9'")
For Each objService in ColServiceList
  errCode = objService.Change(, , , , "Manual")
Next

put this into a file called 'manual.vbs' and call it using 'cscript' in
your batch file (i.e. cscript manual.vbs). Change the service name to
the proper service name....this code worked fine on my XP Pro install BTW....

You could also paramaterize this one script so that it does manual and auto.
I leave that for you to do.

HTH

Jeff Herrick

Quoting "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Is there a way to change the "running services" status in the
"Services" window from Automatic to Manual via a batch script?   I have
a batch script that uses oradim to shutdown/startup my 9207 databases
on a WIN2003 server but don't know how to change the status from
automatic to manual in the event the server administrator wants to
reboot the machine a couple of times before I have the databases
restart.   My oradim command in the batch job looks like this:

oradim -shutdown -sid dbsid -shutmode I -shuttype SRVC >>
%BASELOGS%\oracle_shutdown.log

http://newlivehotmail.com