Re: Change db name in rac

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx" <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:10:05 -0500

It should be pretty straightforward.  Just shutdown all instances, set
cluster_database to false, startup mount, run nid, alter database open reset
logs, shutdown, set cluster_database true, and restart all instances. I've done
it many times with no problem.

-Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 24, 2009, at 0:02, "Kumar Madduri"
<ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi
We have an underscore in db name and I want to rename it without _.
As part of that, I want to use
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dbnewid.htm>
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dbnewid.htm
to change the dbname.
When I run this utility I am thinking, it would change the db_name references
in control file as well and
I can still keep the ASM Disk group unchanged.
For sid changes, I need to make changes to init.ora ; recreate password files
and changes to tnsnames.

Is there anything else that I am missing or any additional steps required in a
rac database.

Thank you
Kumar