RE: Change Management

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ahbaid@xxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:01:12 -0700

I would say you don't need CM to deploy a *new* user/role/profile, since
it's highly unlikely to affect anything else and it's such a frequent,
routine task.  I think that level of change control is overkill, similar
to running through CM for every new sales order entered into the system.
Yes, you need a security process (e.g. mgr approval) in place for new
users/roles, but that is typically a separate process from CM.

However, if it's a *change* to an existing user/role/profile, that may
be worthy of running through CM, since it could have an adverse impact
on the existing applications/users.

Regards,
Brandon