Re: Chained Rows

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:41:12 -0600

Is this possibly a valid use case for larger tablespace block size?

On 23/04/2014 4:29 PM, Kenny Payton wrote:

Thanks.

Unfortunately the data and access patterns change pretty frequently.  Another reason we find ourselves in this situation.

On Apr 23, 2014 6:02 PM, "Sayan Malakshinov" <xt.and.r@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:xt.and.r@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        I know a lot of the tricks for avoiding chained rows and
        migrated rows but the only trick I know of to element these
        intra or inter block chained rows is to break the table into
multiple tables or the row into multiple rows.Â

    Sometimes might be helpful to redefine table with moving less-used
    columns to the ends of rows. It allows to reduce extra-work if
    most queries use only the first columns