RE: Case study for interviewing Oracle DBA

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:43:16 +0000

i think i know what study you are talking about. I believe the max is 28-1. I
believe that same study compared managers and the max difference in
productivity for them was 5-1. So the CEO of a corporation is only 5x more
productive than a first level manager according to the study.
Not sure if that has been repeatedly or what the metrics were.

if you want to see an example of bad management hiring decisions read the
chapter by Tim Gorman in the 'tales from the oaktable book'. Management paid a
software architect $1.5m and he did such a bad job he put the company out of
business.