Re: Case study for interviewing Oracle DBA

  • From: Shrek <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:38:54 -0600

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:24:23 -0500, Ryan <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:07:53 -0800, Thomas Day <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>  The OCP is no substitute for
> >> experience and may even be dangerous in that it gives the holder a
> >> false sense of compentence.
> >
> ya gotta fluff the resume. I'm doing java certification now too... the first
> test is stupid. It's basically syntax checkingThis is what a compiler is
> for... You hit the little button and it tells you where your syntax errors
> are. The second one looks pretty good. You get a set of requirements and
> have to write a small application.

oh crap.  i started this stupid rat race in 1968 and i've programmed
in every language you've heard of and a LOT you haven't.  i take pride
in being a true "hacker", pushing into all the corners of the OS
and/or the database and pushing thing to run with more elgance and
speed.  and most HR people won't even look at my 20 years of
development/dba experience with Oracle because i don't have any of
those checkboxes.

this shits and i'm pissed as hell but i have only two skill sets and
this is the only one i can use in "polite" society.

so i'm stuck, dpressed and bored.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine (Song of
Solomon 6:3)