Re: Case for Index Organized table?

Ram,

> I got a requirement from the developers to build a new table which has a
> column that will hold every second of every
> business day. That is the only column in the table.

if the table will be used in an outer join for a report to get all "possible"
seconds of a specific interval you may consider a fast dual generation of the
table (10g). Something like
create or replace view business_seconds as
select /*+ cardinality (86400) */ trunc(sysdate) + (rownum-1) / (24 * 3600) as
second
from dual connect by level <= 24*3600;

Generally a care should be taken to define only one day definition,  in case
that  reports spanning days or at least midnight are possible.

Regards,

Jaromir